Training the Credit Analyst
Click here for a pdf registration brochure
This two day program is designed to provide lenders and analyst the tools required to understand and use financial information provided by borrowers. The key to producing high quality analysis is being able to understand the actions or inactions of your borrower’s management team. We then must be able to ask the borrowers the “Right” questions. The goal is to measure risk, develop loan structure, and the capacity to repay the loan. The Loan Officer/Analyst must be able to communicate that information to the Loan Committee and the customer. Ultimately, good Loan Officers are able to provide value-added information that allows their borrowers to make better business decisions.
Benefits of Attendance
- The A better understanding of risk factors
The ability to identify the business activities that cause the need for cash
The skills to write better credit memos
The ability to provide consulting services for your clients
- Review of Accounting: This module will cover the basic accounts of the Balance sheet and Income statement. In addition, the four primary types of financial statements will be covered
- Ratio Analysis: The relationship between various financial indicators provide clues to the customer’s business activities & indicators of risk and structuring considerations
- Borrowing Causes: Analytical tools can help identify the business activities that give cause to the need for cash; form trade account cycles to fixed asset financing
- Cash Flow Analysis: This tool ties all of the analytical tools together, Margins, Asset Turnover, Sources and Uses of cash, Risk Analysis
- Projections: Projections allow bankers to answer the questions; How much will my customer need to borrower? Will they be able to repay the loan? How have management decisions affected cash flow/ How do you convert accrual financial statements into cash flow analysis?
Who Should Attend
Credit Analysts, Commercial Lenders, Loan Review Officers, Credit Administrators, Branch Managers and Management Trainees will all benefit from this program.
About Your Presenter
David L. Kemp, Bankers Management Inc., has more than 20 years’ experience & management responsibility in credit administration and new business development. Before starting his consulting firm, Kemp was vice president and director of credit services for Cannon Financial Institute. He also served as vice president of corporate finance for Citicorp North America & a branch manager and commercial lender for two southern banks. Kemp also has served as a consultant to small businesses in finance, marketing & operations. His areas of expertise include all types of commercial loans, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, capital markets and portfolio management..
The following fees include the program, materials, lunch and refreshments:
- $425 — IBA Members
$850 — Non-Members
As of Jan. 1, 1994, only 50 percent of business food and beverage can be deducted. For tax purposes the cost of food and beverage for this program is $25 .
The Agenda Both Days
8:30 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Program begins
12:00 noon Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. Program resumes
4:00 p.m. Program adjourns
IBA Center for Professional Development
6925 Parkdale Place
Indianapolis, IN 46254
The IBA Center for Professional Development is located on the westside of Indianapolis just off of I-465. From I-465 take the 38th Street West Exit (Exit 17). When you exit go west on 38th street. Turn north/right onto Eagle Creek Parkway and then east/right onto Parkdale Place. Our address is 6925 Parkdale Place, Indianapolis, IN 46254. Click here for a map and a list of local hotels. Dress is business casual.
Everyone who registers online will receive an e-mail confirmation after the registration is submitted. Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations or absences which occur on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at any time.