Evening Program - BSA for the Frontline
Click here for a PDF brochure
The Bank Secrecy Act requires all financial institutions to guard against money laundering by establishing an anti-money laundering program. One of the BSA requirements is that all frontline employees be annually trained on money laundering, currency & funds transfers, and suspicious activity. Yet, recently- cited BSA violations include: inadequate or lack of job specific training, failure to accurately complete Currency Transactions Reports (CTR), and failure to identify suspicious activity.
This evening seminar is full of “Must-Knows” and is designed to include both the mandatory BSA training elements as well as the latest focus and newest requirements for frontline employees. It is an information packed evening. Let us provide the annual training you need for the frontline to put your Bank in compliance in 2013.
- What is the difference between BSA, AML, CIP, and OFAC
- What is money laundering, specifically on the frontline
- What are the penalties for noncompliance with BSA
- Understanding and complying with BSA
- Top 5 BSA “Hot Topics” for 2013
- New customer identification procedures
- Retrieving records for wires and monetary instruments
- Potential red flags and actions to take
- Learn to avoid new common mistakes made on currency transaction reports
- Recognize and identify suspicious activity
- Understand OFAC and its role in the AML process
- Know where to find important BSA resources
- Understand OFAC and its role in anti-money laundering
Who Should Attend
All tellers, head tellers, branch managers, branch administrators, compliance officers, training staff and others who manage or work the frontline.
About Your Presenter - Dianne Barton, President, Performance Solutions, Inc.
Dianne Barton is President of Performance Solutions, Inc., (PSI), a training and consulting company that specializes in providing “real world” solutions to the key challenges facing banks today in attracting and building relationships with their customers. Her wide-range of training and consulting experience includes strategic planning facilitation, leadership development, regulatory compliance, and service and sales development.
Before starting Performance Solutions in 1983, she held senior positions with Bank South Corporation, the Internal Revenue Service, and the John H. Harland Company. Dianne is a graduate of Georgia State University and is on the faculty of several state banking schools.
Certified Teller Program
This program will provide institutions with an on-going means to train and develop efficient, knowledgeable and professional tellers, as well as provide tellers with the opportunity to develop personally and professionally by becoming certified within their profession.
The Certified Teller Program is designed to address a variety of teller related issues:
- The Teller Program will employ training as a competitive strategy. Only the best trained employees will be prepared to professionally handle today's dynamic financial marketplace.
- The Teller Program will encourage tellers to engage in career development. The way employees view their opportunities affects their performance. Investing in them will reap rewards for the institution and the individual.
- The Teller Program will also provide recognition for outstanding performance. Providing tellers the opportunity to become certified is another demonstration of your commitment to them.
Each teller must:
1) Attend two workshops offered in a 12-month period.
2) Successfully complete the examination after each workshop.
In order to maintain this professional certification, tellers are required to recertify annually by attending one workshop per 12 month period.
The following fees include the program, materials, and refreshments:
IBA Members Non-Members
1-4 Attendees $89.00 each $99.00 each
5-9 Attendees $84.00 each $94.00 each
10 or more Attendees $79.00 each $89.00 each
As of Jan. 1, 1994, only 50 percent of business food and beverage can be deducted. For tax purposes the cost of food and beverage for this program is $25.
5:30 p.m. Registration & Refreshments
6:00 p.m. Program Begins
9:00 p.m. Program Adjourns
Holiday Inn Lakeview
505 Marriott Dr.
Clarksville, IN 47129
Everyone who registers online will receive an e-mail confirmation after the registration is submitted. Within three or more business days prior to the day of an educational program, no cancellation charge will be assessed. Within two days prior, 50% of the fee is assessed. Refunds are not provided for cancellations or absences which occur on the day of the program. Substitutions are welcome at any time.